SKETCHING FLOWERS WITH WATERCOLORS & INK
1-Day (4+ hour) Workshop Available through June 1, 2022
All Skill Levels Welcome
Drawing • Painting
Start studying now & save!
In this fun, painterly workshop we create…
Playful color explorations using line, washes, glazes, blooms, and more with watercolors and ink.
- Using a layered approach, we paint with vibrant color, create depth, texture and encourage loose-line work on sampler cards.
- Expand your floral color palette in the four seasons through Janet’s exercises, methods and techniques.
- Embellish your next project with seasonal blooms!
- 1 piece of Arches Text Wove cut or torn to 17.5” x 7.5” (for sampler holder)
- 8 pieces of 140 lb. Hot or cold press Watercolor Paper cut to 5.5″ tall x 2.5″ wide. (Some choices are Arches, Fabriano, Canson Watercolor Pad XL).
- HB Pencil, Kneaded eraser, Pencil sharpener
- Colored Pencils, use whatever brand you have. ie. Prismacolor, Watercolor pencils, etc.
- Pigma Micron, size 01, black or sepia.
- Pelikan 4001 ink (blue-black, or brown) loaded into a Fountain pen OR use with a Pointed nib (Zebra G or similar) and Straight pen holder.
- Watercolors, a small set. Include Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, and Opera.
- White gouache or Dr. Ph Martin’s Bleed Proof White
- Watercolor brushes: 1/2” flat, no.8 round, no. 4 round. Wash Mop or large flat brush for painting washes in large areas..
- Watercolor palette for mixing paint. You can use a plastic lid of a food container.
- Water jar
- Few paper towels
- Drafting or Painter’s tape
- Plastic food wrap, ie. Saran wrap
- Support for painting watercolors. This could be a cutting mat
- Spray bottle with water
- Hair dryer, craft dryer, or fan to speed paint drying
Click on photo to visit biography page
Sequence: Journey of Experimental Calligraphy
The Unconventional Pointed Pen
Drawing the Fibonacci Sequence
Beginning Copperplate Script
A Letter and a Rectangle
Ben Shahn Lettering
(M) Handwritten: The Art of Tattoo Lettering
(M) Learning to Sketch Out Celtic Knots
(M) A Meditative Calligraphy Technique
(M) Learn to Sketchnote!
Loosening Up With Calligraphy & Paint
CAROL MEASURES SCOTT
(M) Captivating Color in Calligraphy
The Empty Space, Womb of Shape
ELMO VAN SLINGERLAND
Broad-edged pen: Roman Capitals
Colorful Lettering Composition
Akim Variations and Long Compositions