Creative Colour for All Occasions
Friday, July 9 at 9:00 AM CDT
All Skill Levels Welcome
Lettering • Design
During this workshop, we will begin the journey of exploring colour in the pen, brush and background, using watercolour, pastels and coloured pencils. We will have fun decorating in, on and around a selection of letters, including lifting out and dropping in colour, pressure and release techniques and experimenting creatively with colour blending techniques.
These decorative opportunities can be applied to both formal and informal lettering.
Have fun and see your letters come alive!
- Usual edged pens & range of nib sizes from small to large
- Mixing palette, mixing brush & 2 water pots
- A selection of reasonable quality water colours (pans or tubes)
- Water-soluble coloured pencils (ideally not your children’s or grandchildren’s)
- Tracing paper, ruler, 2h pencil
- A little cotton wool (enough to rub pastel into paper surface)
- Waterproof fine liner pen
- Couple of clean rubbers
- Good quality brushes (sizes 0 / 1 / 2) Sable are best
- Dry pastels (not oil based)
- Hot pressed paper 250gms or heavier (smallish sizes) and some
- Some Bockingford/watercolour paper.
- Cartridge paper for trials/practice
- Craft Knife, cutting mat
- Masking tape
- Patience & sense of humour!
- Gold watercolour
Click on photo to visit biography page
Sequence: Journey of Experimental Calligraphy
The Unconventional Pointed Pen
Drawing the Fibonacci Sequence
Beginning Copperplate Script
A Letter and a Rectangle
Ben Shahn Lettering
(M) Handwritten: The Art of Tattoo Lettering
(M) Learning to Sketch Out Celtic Knots
(M) A Meditative Calligraphy Technique
(M) Learn to Sketchnote!
Loosening Up With Calligraphy & Paint
CAROL MEASURES SCOTT
(M) Captivating Color in Calligraphy
The Empty Space, Womb of Shape
ELMO VAN SLINGERLAND
Broad-edged pen: Roman Capitals
Colorful Lettering Composition
Akim Variations and Long Compositions